The Pottstown Regional Public Library is a passport application facility registered with the U.S. Department of State. Passport photo service is also available at the library.
How to Apply for a Passport
- Call the library to make an appointment. 610-970-6551 or 610-970-6552. Make sure to tell the clerk if you need photos so more time can be added to your appointment.
Passport appointment hours starting June 1st: Monday – Wednesday: 10:00am – 2:00pm & 3:00pm-6:30pm, Thursday – Friday: 10:00am – 1:00pm & 2:30-4:30pm, and Saturday 9:30am – 11:30am & 1:00pm – 2:30pm.
- Minors (under 16 years) must have either both parents present or have a notarized statement of consent form (DS-3053) and a photocopy of the non-applying parent’s ID (front and back). If there is a special circumstance, please discuss with the passport agent on the phone while making your appointment.
- The items needed to apply for a passport are as follows:
- Proof of citizenship (List of Acceptable Citizenship Documents)
- State-issued, certified birth certificate with a raised seal and with parent(s)’ full names listed.
- -OR- a previous US Passort if you were 16 years or older at the time of issuance.
- 1 passport photo with a white background taken in the last 6 months. Photo services are available at the library. Please inform library staff if you need a passport photo.
- Check to the U.S Department of State (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment). There is an extra fee for an expedited passport application. Payment to the US Department of State MUST be a check or a money order.
- Payment to the library (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment). Library fee may also be paid with cash, check, or a credit/debit card.
- Completed passport application, filled out in medium to heavy black ink, unsigned and no use of correction fluid, correction tape, or scribbled/blacked out information. If a correction needs to be made a single line through the mistake will suffice.
- Proof of ID
- Valid PA photo driver’s license or PA identification card, (if out-of-state driver’s license, a second ID is required).
- -OR- other current government issued photo ID (List of acceptable identification).
- Valid ID as above for each of a minor’s parents.
You can pick up an application(s) (DS-11 or DS-82) or other forms needed at the library or download the application from Travel.State.Gov (do NOT print double-sided). Fill it out USING BLACK INK at home, except for the signature. You must sign the application form at the library in the presence of the library staff passport agent for the application to be valid.
Turnaround Time: Please verify processing times when scheduling your appointment as they may vary throughout the year.